Welcome to my blog.

Thanks for dropping by. I can see from my visitors log that I have lots of lovely visitors.
Please leave a comment so I know you called by!!xx


Wednesday 6 October 2010

Hey Santa Baby!!

This week at Crafty Creations we have a fab sketch from Jeanet. I think you'll agree this sketch leaves plenty of room for you to use your own creativity & embellishments . . . . . nice & simple . . . . . my kind of sketch!!
The addition to the challenge is to use a stamped image & some ribbon or lace.

This is one of my favorite Sugar Nellie Christmas stamps, isn't she just the cutest?? I've coloured her using Copics & added lots of stickles to her hat, coat & boots for that bit of Christmas sparkle.

The cardstock is Stampin Up & the paper is from a Dovecraft basics pack. I've mounted Mrs Santa on a circle which has been embossed using the snowflakes folder which has then been mounted on card embossed with the Snow Sledding folder.

The poinsettia is cut using the Marianne Creatables Straight Ponsettia which is my favorite die at the moment & the snowflakes are a Quickutz die. All finished off with a little bit of bling.

I've used some lace to make the little snowflake which I've snipped inbetween the points & glued round a small card circle finished off with a little snowflake eyelet in the centre.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges

Papertake Weekly Challenge - to chose a challenge from the last 3 years. I've chosen Christmas Crackers from November 2009.

A Spoon Full Of Sugar - Sparkle & Shine

Glitterbabes Challenge - Embossing

12 comments:

  1. wow i love this card , The layout is great and all the embossing is fab.
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a sweetheart of card Sharon.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous card sharon.fab image and i love your snowflakes and embossing :)

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh oh oh! This is just perfect!! I so need that Poinsettia die :D Thank you for joining us at Glitterbabes Challenge XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. absolutely fabulous! i just love all your embellishments!

    thank you so much for joining us at glitterbabe's challenge.

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sharon - I just love this - those snowflakes are gorgeous - I want to touch them - the texture is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow!! what a stunning xmas card ~that image is so cute and the snowflakes and flowers are amazing (must go and look out some vellum)
    vanessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sooooo pretty Sharon! Love this cute image and you coloured her perfectly...clever girl with the lace snowflake!!

    I thought I was doing pretty well getting only a couple of new LOTV images...i can't believe I actually managed to restrain myself from the sassy girls at Sugar Nellie...see - i REALLY am trying!! lol bx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great image and beautiful colors! Thanks for sharing at Glitterbabes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sharon your lace snowflakes make this card so outstanding! The image is super sweet and your fussy cutting is superb! Wow! A lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is gorgeous and I love your embellishments! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  12. So adorable and love the lavender colors! Fantastic card! Thanks so much for joining us at PTW and celebrating our Birthday celebration! Hope you join us again next week!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete