Welcome to my blog.

Thanks for dropping by. I can see from my visitors log that I have lots of lovely visitors.
Please leave a comment so I know you called by!!xx


Monday 3 January 2011

What a Faff !!

You know when you start a card & just go with the flow when you're making it & it's a nice easy card & you want to make it again & again . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . well this definitely isn't one of those cards!!!

I wanted to have a go at a window style card but this was the only image I had that would look right being split into pieces - that was the easy bit - the layering of the 'window' panels was the hard part, trying to get them all to look even!!

Then I decided to do a ribbon ruffle across the middle which is easy peasy - if you don't want the two sides to match - but if you want the ruffles to run in opposite directions it's not so easy & trying to hide the doublesided tape!! - I came pretty close to throwing this one I can tell you!!

The cardstock & DP are all from Stampin Up as is the ribbon.
I'd already made the little ribbon flower & these felt flower pieces from Stampin Up (discontinued) were perfect to finish it off.
A bit of bling in the corners & a 'thanks' sentiment cut on the cuttlebug & job done!! . . . . . . . . . but never again lol!!

I'm entering this card in the following challenges

Phindy's Place - Give thanks

Cute Card Thursday - Thank you

Papertake Weekly - Be thankful

Allsorts Challenge - Thankyou

C.R.A.F.T Challenge - Thankyou

Thanks for looking

16 comments:

  1. Well it was worth all the faff, this looks so elegant and pretty! know what you mean about window cards though, I have such a job lining them up!

    Phindys Place has a Thank You challenge running too at the moment, do please pop by and enter:)
    Happy New Year
    Anne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Och mrs...sorry if i had a lil laugh...it was the way you told the story!! Your card looks fab...you couldn't tell that it was anything but a joy to create!! The end result is sooooo pretty! bx

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous!!! Love to see how you have used the ribbon! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  4. Regardless of your hardships with this card-lol- it is a fantastic creation! Everything turned out perfectly! Thank you for Being Thankful with our special team of designers this week at the Papertake Weekly Challenge! Happy New Year! Corry (GDT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you persevered - the card is delightful
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL been there, but you perservered and this is a great creation - lovely colours and I love the ruffled flower. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a nice card!
    Thanks for joining us at the Phindy's Place challenge and hope to see you back...
    xxx Anne-Marije

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great card, love the colours you have picked
    Thanks for joining my challenge at ALLSORTS this week, Good Luck
    Happy new year
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this card. The colours are so pretty and I think your ribbon flower is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Phindy's Place and I hope we see you again next week.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you stuck with it-sure is a gorgeous card!!!

    Thank you for joining us this week for the Phindy's Place challenge. I hope you will join us again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sharon, this is so cute...love the window idea!!! Thanks for your visit to my blog...hope you will return often..Happy New Year...Hugs..Jacque

    ReplyDelete
  12. love this ribbon treatment - so fun and yet elegant
    thanks so much for joining us at Phindy's Place -hope to see you again next week (-:

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sharon,
    Sweet card! The flower and leaves ROCK!!!
    Thanks so much for joining us this week @ Paper Take Weekly!
    I am now one of your followers.  ;)  I would love it if you came to visit my blog and become a follower too!
    Hugs,
    True :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. gorgeous card.well worth all your effort.i love the window and ruffled ribbon and stunning colours :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card! I love the ribbon and the flower.
    Thank you for joining us at CCT! :)

    Hugs, Vanja

    ReplyDelete
  16. You may have had a struggle, but no-one would have known that... this card looks amazing!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete