Welcome to my blog.

Thanks for dropping by. I can see from my visitors log that I have lots of lovely visitors.
Please leave a comment so I know you called by!!xx


Tuesday 20 December 2011

Altered Heart

Firstly I need to apologise for my lack of blogging since the beginning of November. Things have been very busy in the Glynn Household & with one thing & another my blog had to take a back seat. I certainly haven't been idle & have been busy fulfilling lots of commission orders & Christmas orders & will be glad when Friday arrives & they've all been passed to their new owners!!

Right, on to today's project.

One of my closest cousins is my eldest daughters Godmother & I always struggle with what to buy her for Christmas so when I saw this gorgeous heart my 'SU sister' Nicky had made for our 'SU Mum' Jules I just had to have a go for my cousin. Sue really appreciates all things handmade & has kept all the cards I've sent her over the years so I know she will love this.

I spent an evening last week making these beautiful flowers using the Fancy Flower punch, Rose Red cardstock & First Edition Speciality papers finished off with the gorgeous Antique Brads, very therapeutic.

I've also added a little butterfly made with the Beautiful Wings Embosslits Folder & added some basic Pearls.
SUE has been die cut using the Timeless Type Junior Alphabet. I've cut eight of each letter & layered them to give a chipboard effect & then covered them with Crystal Effects.

A touch of Chantilly Lace in a double bow again finished with an Antique Brad and some Champagne Glass Stampin Glitter, very sparkly!!

The whole thing has been covered with Glimmer Mist made using the Frost White Shimmer Paint which hasn't shown up in the pictures but is beautiful in real life.

If you're still with me lol!! here is the heart before my makeover!

3 comments:

  1. This will make a lovely gift - looks very vintage. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is fantastic, Sharon!! I'm sure Sue will be delighted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning! I am going to have to hunt around and see if I can find something similar because I would love to make one of these.
    Monique

    ReplyDelete